The CRS is the highest designation awarded to residential sales associates and recognizes
professional accomplishments in both experience and education. There are over one million
REALTORS® in business today. So if you want to find that one-in-a-million REALTOR®, start
with the over 37,000 who hold the Certified Residential Specialist Designation. CRS is the symbol
of excellence in residential real estate. Our members have proven they have the experience, training
and commitment to be among the best in their profession. To earn the CRS designation, an agent
- Have over 75 completed residential transactions (land sales do not count) within a 5
year period, or 25 million in sales during a 5 year period
- Complete two, 2 day Core courses of Education
- Complete 4 additional units of credits from Elective courses
- Have a Bachelors degree
The REALTOR® Institute (GRI) Program is designed to enhance an agents knowledge of real
estate marketing and teach to agents skills that they will set them apart from the competition. NAR
statistics show that REALTORS® with a GRI designation earn over $32,000 more annually than
non designees. When an agent obtains the GRI Designation, they earn one of the industry's most
respected and prestigious professional designations.
To be awarded the GRI Designation, a REALTOR® must complete a comprehensive series of
courses covering all facets of real estate. It takes 3 years for an agent to obtain their GRI, with 30
hours of classes every year - that's 90 hours of education that separates them from the pack. You
can be sure that an agent that has obtained their GRI is serious about their business. The Montana
REALTOR® Institute has been customized to ensure that all information applies in this state.
An EcoBroker is a licensed real estate agents who has earned the EcoBroker Certified Designation
by completing a 25 hour course and on-going continuing education on the energy and
environmental issues that affect real estate transactions. in becoming an EcoBroker, Sandy has
joined the movement of professionals pushing the real estate market towards energy-efficient,
sustainable, and healthier design/features in homes and buildings. With national surveys indicating
that 80% of consumers consider themselves "green-minded", real estate professionals with the
EcoBroker designation are in a better position to serve their clients.
EcoBroker International's education and designation program is designed exclusively for real estate
professionals who care about the environment and want to help their clients benefit from the
energy-efficiency, "green", and healthier features of homes and buildings. "Sandy is an example of
the quality of real estate professional the EcoBroker designation continues to attract," explains
Ecobroker's CEO, Dr. John Beldock. "She is not only distinguishing herself in a competitive
marketplace, but she is giving back to the community in a very constructive and meaningful way.
Big Sky needs more contributors like Sandy. The planet and our grandchildren need them too,"
"With my EcoBroker training and continuing education, I have broadened the range of real estate
opportunities I offer my clients. Whether the transaction involves environmental assessment and
mitigation (mold, radon, etc.) or the opportunity to reduce utility bills, I'm in a position to help. The
real estate industry and the world is changing, and to best serve my clients I need to understand the
newest designs, technologies, and environmental issues. My Ecobroker designation helps me stay
ahead of the game."
ACCREDITED SELLER'S REPRESENTATIVE
I have worked hard to be the only Accredited Seller's Representative in Gallatin County. To become an ASR, an agent must:
There are many benefits to you, the seller to use an ASR® (Accredited Seller Representative®).
Unlike other sellers’ agents, ASR® Designees have a proven industry track record. Each designee
(Seller Agent) must hold and exemplify a strong commitment to exceed seller expectations
throughout all aspects of the real estate transaction.
- Complete additional license training
- Close at least 30 transactions in which the agent worked as the "Selling Agent"
- Provide testimonials from satisfied clients for which the agent has worked as a Seller' agent
ASR® Seller Agents are trained and committed to deliver to today's seller true "value added
services." This has a major impact on the quality of representation to you, the seller, as well as
potential possibilities to the financial bottom line. Remember, whenever possible, ASR® Seller
Agents are committed to providing exclusive representation to you, which simply means placing
your interests above that of others in the real estate transaction.
Committed to adhering to a stringent standard of ethics, ASR® Seller Agents are to demonstrate
complete honesty in pricing as well as thorough research and preparation in completing and
presenting the property market analysis. A further and most important commitment of ASR® Seller
Agents is to demonstrate ethical conduct and integrity in every aspect of their real estate career.
A SFR is a Certified Short Sale and Foreclosure Professional. To obtain this designation, the
Realtor must take 16 hours of Short Sale education courses. Once a Realtor becomes a SFR, they
are able to:
- Describe to their clients what a short sale is and how it helps them
- Know if a short sale will be successful before signing a listing contract
- Understand what needs to be included for successful short sale submission package
- Know the importance of each item the lenders require for a short sale
- Understand the meaning of “open market seasoning” and how it impacts short sales
- Know the difference between how recourse and non-recourse loans affect your clients
- Have multiple lead generation sources for short sale prospects
- Know the timeline for the foreclosure process and how to extend it if necessary
- Understand how to make simple quick calculations to determine if a short sale will be accepted by a lender
Accredited Buyer’s Agent
ABR is a Accredited Buyer’s Representative. To become an ABR, a Realtor must:
- Successfully complete of the two-day Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course, including an 80 percent passing grade on the exam.
- Successfully complete of one of the ABR® elective courses, including an 80 percent passing grade on the exam.
- Supply documentation verifying five (5) completed transactions in which the agent acted solely as a buyer representative (no dual agency)
- Maintain active and good membership status as a Realtor